Are you a driven individual who sees opportunity when others see challenges? Are you passionate about the details and quality of your work? Are you looking to join an industry leading and growing business? If the answer is yes, FCI has career opportunities available for you in the following areas:
• AutoCAD draftsman / Detailer
• Project Manager
• Production Shop Bench Carpenter
• Machine Shop Fabrication Technician
• Field Installation Carpenter
Industry leading Architectural millwork and specialized casework design and manufacturing firm is seeking AutoCAD proficient draftsman / detailer to Join our Team in Stafford, Texas.
The successful candidate will have experience in architectural millwork and metals along with a working knowledge of wood, metal, solid surface and glass assemblies and the proven ability to complete designs and determine details in support of finalized design, shop drawing submittals and production based detail documents. Candidate will be proficient in AutoCAD with experience in Inventor and Revit a plus. Candidate will work in a team environment with production team, fabrication shop, project managers and fellow design and detailing staff.
AutoCAD draftsman / detailer duties and responsibilities
• Studying the rough sketches and deciphering the specifications
• Preparing drawing with high precisions and as per scale
• Incorporating all details of the drawing
• Preparation of shop drawings and project specific submittals for client approval
• Incorporate company specific standard details
• Will work in a team environment
• Work with fabrication shop personnel in the development of mock-ups and product prototypes
• Work additional hours as may be required from time to time to meet project timelines
AutoCAD draftsman / detailer skills and specifications
• Excellent knowledge of and ability to apply AutoCAD software
• Ability to understand drawings and rough sketches
• Good observation skills
• Ability to create programs for CNC machines
• Ability to follow instructions
• A reasonable knowledge about construction and designing principles so as to understand the drawings better
• Ability to submit work on time
• Ability to work in a team and be a good team player
• Working knowledge of production nesting applications, Router CIM and or machine programming for, mills, panel saws, lasers and other related equipment
AutoCAD draftsman / detailer education and qualification
• Three years of related hands on AutoCAD experience
• Knowledge and experience with Inventor is a plus
• A certification course in AutoCAD from a certified institute
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering technology is a plus
Industry leading Architectural millwork and specialized casework design and manufacturing firm is seeking Project Managers to Join our Team in Stafford, Texas.
The successful candidate will have experience in commercial construction of interior finishes and premium grade architectural millwork and casework. Background and experience is desired in working with wood and metals along with a working knowledge of solid surface, stone and glass assemblies and construction means and methods. Successful candidates to have demonstrated proficiency in project management processes and procedures and be an effective communicator. Candidate will be proficient in various EPM software platforms including Prolog, Unifier and Textura. AutoCAD experience in Inventor and Revit is a plus. Candidate will work in a team environment with the production team, fabrication shop, design and detailing staff.
Project Manager duties and responsibilities
• Project Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of assigned projects, assisting in developing the project management and execution plan of the project, including:
• Assist in the assembly of specific project drawings, and coordinate production in accordance with the customer specifications.
• Responsible for project administration and contract management in accordance with company requirements and procedures.
• Obtain complete scope of work defining customer expectations. Coordinate quoting, design, purchasing, production and cost control with team members.
• Daily written and oral communication/discussions with internal and external customers.
• Follow pricing policy and prepare estimate/quote while assisting in all revisions adjustments and changes to scope and contract.
• Recognize and recommend possible solutions to problems. Participate in Value Engineering opportunities with customer(s), engineering and management that provide mutually beneficial cost savings. Participates in prototype development and review in order to ensure products are engineered to client requirements.
• Responsible for accurate and timely processing of sales orders, pick list and invoicing. Coordinates material requirements to Purchasing Department to ensure on time/ on budget procurement.
• Monitor production of product through both physical review and through review of labor and job cost report data.
• Provide shipping instructions including verification of site off load conditions where applicable.
• Coordinate field installation with in-house and sub-contractor field resources.
• Attend on-site meetings and field walks / product inspections and reviews.
Project Manager skills and specifications
• Excellent knowledge of commercial interior architectural millwork and metals
• Ability to understand drawings and rough sketches
• Proven ability to implement project management techniques and procedures.
• Must be proficient with Excel, Word, Outlook, Project or P6, PDF markup and editing and be able to generate reports.
• Able to determine, manage, and schedule while remaining focused and knowledgeable in respect to each job.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Able to foresee potential problems and offer clear and concise methods to eliminate and correct.
• Able to relay information to subordinates and discuss project with clients while maintaining company professionalism.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skill.
• Able to read architectural plans and specifications.
Project Manager education and qualification
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or architectural related field
• Three years of project management experience
• PMI, LEED AP, PE or other professional registration is a plus.
Fish Construction offers competitive benefits including:
• Paid time off and Paid Holidays
• 401k with employer matching
• Medical and Dental Insurance plans
• Opportunity for Overtime pay for Hourly staff